Family Life/Epic Fail, Episode 1: Family Scripture Study

(Via http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/pages-8/Worlds-most-famous-parasailing-donkey-dies-of-heart-failure-Scrape-TV-The-World-on-your-side.html)
I figure I could start a new series on this here blog just about things that fail epically in my parenting journey.  Short, sweet, and a laugh at my expense.

Episode 1: (Much more entertaining than Star Wars, Episode 1, by the way.)

Every night we have family scripture study.  Since the kids are young, this often involves a picture of a scripture story and a brief summary and a scripture to go along with it. Tonight's scripture was this one from Genesis 22:3

"And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the awood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him."

Naturally, we didn't get past the word, "ass."

It went downhill from there.

I will admit that I was the first to giggle, then all heck broke loose.  Children jumping on the bed screaming, "HE SADDLED HIS ASS!!!" then switching various other family memeber's names for the "he."

Just screaming the word while hysterically laughing ensued.

"Don't say that!  It is a bad word!"  I say, though to no avail.

I try another tactic, "It isn't a bad word!  It just means a donkey!" 

Still, no dice.

Nobody is listening, singing the "ASS" song is way more fun.  

I am just grateful nobody asked why there are swear words in the Bible.  I am not sure I could have figured out an answer at bedtime.   

So, if you ever desire a roaring good scripture study, just drop on by my house.  We start around 7 pm California time. 

Comments