When Mamas Fantasize


I was going to call this post "Mom's Gone Wild" until I realized that it would have nothing to do with wild frat moms on spring break.  My body parts no longer defy gravity and getting my boobs out in public no longer causes people to throw money or jewelry at me.  They just ask why I am not covered.  (Maybe THIS is why people are so adamant about not wearing covers!  We remember when people WANTED to see the twin sisters!)

But I digress.

When this mama fantasizes she thinks of.....

Quiet dinners alone.

Hot showers alone and uninterupted.  No banging on the door.  Nobody flushing the toilet.  No mildew to make me feel guilty. 

Cookies I don't have to share that also do not induce guilt or cellulite.

Long drives listening to music- loud- or maybe nothing at all.

A movie while I relax in a clean house.  Not a house that is glaring at me wondering why I am waiting to clean it until after the movie or, heaven forbid! tomorrow morning.

A long night of uninterupted sleep.  Sleeping in without guilt.  (It seems like I feel guilty a lot.  Hmmm...)

I fantasize about having a bedroom that really is peaceful and clean.  No crap under the bed.  No piles of clothes.  No weird junk shoved in the corner.  Clean sheets and a vaccumed floor.  When I clean house I almost never make it back to my room, I just clean the parts people would see if they came to the front door.

Going out to eat with the hubbs.  I really love this and never appreciated it when we used to do it all the time.  Somebody cooks for me and cleans up.  It is almost like....being my kid!  Yeah, I do that for them every day!  Which reminds me, thanks mom- I never told you thanks!

Jeans that fit.

Having time for hair and make up. 

Having make up that hasn't had fingers digging in it or been smeared on a carpet. 

A black shirt that is clean. 

Cute toenails. 

Oh, and that picture above.  I kinda like him.  I hope he never starts taking serious movie roles that don't require him to take off his shirt.  Lucky for me, my husband kinda looks like him!  Whoot.

Seriously though- I really love being a mom and try to appreciate all the shining moments.  That doesn't mean I can't fantasize about the moments I used to have.  


 






Comments

Nichol said…
"I fantasize about having a bedroom that really is peaceful and clean. No crap under the bed. No piles of clothes. No weird junk shoved in the corner. Clean sheets and a vaccumed floor. When I clean house I almost never make it back to my room, I just clean the parts people would see if they came to the front door. "

YES!!!! This is so me. Well and nearly every other word you posted today. hehe.
Anonymous said…
Mama Birth, you & I have the same taste in men. My husband kinda looks like him, too (minus the tattoos and some of the muscles)! Lol
Awesome topic - I agree with all the other fantasies, too. :)