This Will Be Funny In 10 Years...


This will be funny in ten years.....

~The precocious, vivacious, possibly genius toddler who learned to open the fridge.....and of course, prefers to play with the raw eggs.

~The stain right on the stomach of all maternity shirts.

~Realizing that the toddler (who you were fool enough to leave un-diapered for two minutes) has pooped, asking her where she pooped, and then turning around to go look for it only to realize that you just found out where she pooped. And you are standing in it. At least you were wearing socks. And the carpet is already old.

~Getting angry about car seats on a Facebook page with people you have never met before.

~The irony of realizing that you (in your ultimate positive attitude) gave away all large maternity clothes. You were thinking "Oh, I won't get that big this time." Now you are in your third trimester and have grown out of hubby's scrubs. Oops. Good thing sweat pants never go out of style..... Right?

~The daily dumping of magazines and books onto the floor by the toddler. (I know, she comes up a lot. Something about toddlers.)

~The ripped, smelly, stained, small and decidedly ugly couch that has survived many moves, urination, vomiting, couple fights (makes a nice bed for guy in the dog house) and even the birth of a child, that is the focal point of your TV room.

~Five people (one of them heavily pregnant) in a full size bed.

~Not being able to sleep (does anybody else get third trimester insomnia?!) on the night that above mentioned toddler ACTUALLY sleeps!? ACK!

~Plumber's crack. Not the plumber. Not the husband. No- it is yours. (In my defense- I have no waist right now and my pants just don't stay up.)

~Buying a Suburban because it will fit all your kids and it is a great deal, only to have gas prices rise to FOUR dollars a gallon shortly thereafter. Actually, this may never be funny.

~A three year old who wets herself because, "Mommy, I want to wear a different dress!" but has been potty trained for a few years.

Is it possible that finding joy in this journey means... laughing at it now? Here is to finding the humour in every day. Good luck mamas.

Comments

Joy@WDDCH said…
Um okay so I relate to almost all of these! The stains on the maternity shirts, stepping in poop, getting rid of maternity clothes in hopes you won't be bigger next time around, plumber's crack, my Kindergartner wetting the bed or her pants at school... *SIGH*

I sure hope it'll be funny in 10 years!
Anonymous said…
I can agree with most, but not all because I only have one child and she is only almost two... Haha, the best is yet to come, right? On another note, I found myself also getting angry at postings on FB about carseats. Wonder if it was on the same persons page?
Amber A said…
oh sister! you have written my life! lol I live with a couch like that one, minus the birth (hoping on this time around. My 'special' couch was just decorated a few weeks back with red and yellow paint that I still can't figure out where it came from, lots of broken eggs, the dogs are loving it though and plenty of plumber's crack as I too am getting out there with this baby! and well I also got rid of some clothes that I didnt' really like but now I really wish I had them back. I promise if you laugh with me I will laugh with you. some days I just have to laugh, what else can you do?
mamamia said…
Haha, thanks for the laugh! I found a coffee stain on the BACK of my new light green maternity shirt!! I'm not sure i want to know HOW that got there!

It's always amusing when you get rid of all your maternity wear, baby clothes and furniture because you're not having any more kids; and then having to get everything again when you get another BFP, lol!
Kimberly O. said…
I have plumbers crack, pregnant or not. I don't have an ass, so my pants are a bit saggy...yes...even with a belt on (which, I haven't worn one of those in YEARS!)

Also, I was victim to getting rid of all my large maternity shirts WHILE I WAS PREGNANT (about 16 weeks) because I thought ehhhhhhhh I'll be fine. I did manage to somehow wear my pre-preggy jeans all the way up until about 36 weeks. I won that round! :D
Kristen said…
Lol! We actually sold our old couches to my mom because she needed new ones (they really weren't in bad shape) so, I can still visit the birth place of my 2nd baby!! Hahahaha! I can relate to pretty much all of these! ;)
Brandon said…
I can agree with most, but not all because I only have one child and she is only almost two... Haha, the best is yet to come, right? On another note, I found myself also getting angry at postings on FB about carseats. Wonder if it was on the same persons page?