Someday

Someday-

I will eat a meal by myself and wish I had little ones to share it with.


I will take a lonely shower and wonder where everybody went.


I will miss the noise.


I will sit and knit without somebody tangling the yarn behind me.


I will go to the grocery store alone, and feel like people don't really know who I am because they don't know I am a mother.


I will have clean shoulders, but they will be cold.


I will wish for more to do around the house.


I will wake up in the  morning after sleeping all night long, but the room next to mine will be empty.


I will finish the laundry.... and it will stay finished for a day or so.


I will have clean floors but will hear no pitter patters of little feet just learning to walk.


Someday I will have to rediscover who I am without the constant companionship of little people,


but not today.

Comments

Carol said…
Trying not to cry.. That someday will come sooner than I would like I am sure.