Two High Protein Veggie Dip Recipes

I wish I could take credit for these, but I can't.  My students when I teach birth classes often rotate through brining snacks.  This is WONDERFUL because seriously- they try to out-do each other.   These dips were FABULOUS (as was their home-made venison jerky) and I asked for the recipe so I could share  them with you.

Full of protien and nutrients and a great way to get yourself to eat more veggies- these are a great idea!  Enjoy!


Green Goddess Dip
The key to this dip is to use fresh herbs, dried herbs just don't give it the same flavor. Also let the dip sit for at least an hour before serving. You can use low fat cottage cheese and sour cream as a substitute if you'd like.

1 cup Cottage Cheese 

1/4 Cup Boiling Water
1 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley Leaves
1 Tablespoon Fresh Tarragon Leaves
1 Garlic Clove Minced
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
1/4 Cup Minced Fresh Chives

Process cottage cheese and boiling water together in a food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add sour cream, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, tarragon, garlic salt & pepper, continue to process until combined. Stir in chives. Cover & refrigerate at least an hour before serving.


Smokey Avocado Dip
Let the dip sit for at least an hour before serving. You can use lowfat cottage cheese and sour cream as a substitute if you'd like.

3/4 Cup Cottage Cheese
1/4 Cup Boiling Water
3/4 Cup Sour Cream
1-2 Avocados, Pitted, peeled & cut into large chunks (I used 2 Avocado's because I love them)
1 Teaspoon Minced Canned Chipotle Chile In Adobo Sauce (I use more becuase I like the smokey flavor, but be careful because it can be over powering)
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
1/4 Cup Minced Fresh Cilantro
2 Scallions Sliced Thin

Process cottage cheese and boiling water together in a food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add sour cream, avocado, chipotles, lime juice, salt & pepper, continue to process until combined. Stir in cilantro & scallions. Cover & refrigerate at least an hour before serving.

Comments